用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:[收藏] 精选英语表达式92例-你都知道吗?

字体:    回复
[收藏] 精选英语表达式92例-你都知道吗?
monica(2007/4/22 7:20:16)  点击:71875  回复:1  IP:139.* * *
1.We were none too early for their train.
我们刚好赶上火车。

2. Choose any present you like, within reason of course.
当然是你认为可以接受的情况下选择你喜欢的礼品。

3. He is nearer seventy than sixty.
他年近七旬。

4. We were pretty near giving up the research as hopeless, when we came upon a clue. 在我们搜寻几乎无望时,我们找到了线索。

5. Were anywhere near ready. 我们几乎一点准备都没有。

6. I need hardly add that we regret your decision.
我不用再多什么我们对你的决定表示遗憾。

7. His illness left him with a weak heart.
他的病使他的心脏不大好。

8. He left his house to his sister.
他将房屋遗留给他的妹妹。

9. Given health, thing can be done.
如果身体好, 这事就能做。

10. Given me the good old time !
我宁愿生活在过去的时光里!

11. Given his lack of experience, his work is remarkably good.
他的工作非常出色,虽然没什么经验。

12. This island was a perfect place to convalesce, given that it was the stresses of city life that had brought on his illness. 这个岛绝对是他养病的好地方。尤其是城市生活所带来的疾病。

13. Should the need arise, we can lend you the money.
如果你需要钱,我们可以借给你。

14.He offered to pick up the tab for the meal.
这顿饭是他付得帐。

15. I have a young family, an all-size-and-shape family. I am 49 and 50 is round the corner. 我刚刚有个家, 一个各样人都有的家。我已经是四五十岁的人了。

16.No one claimed the honor, least of all me.
没人承认做了这件好事尤其是我。

17. They take emergency measures to stamp out crime.
他们应采取紧急措施来消灭犯罪。

18. As soon as I got home I crashed out for hours.
我一回到家就大睡了好几个小时。

19. You’re not around much , either.
你也难得到这里来。

20. Should you put your career before your family?
你的事业比你的家庭都重要吗?

21. You should consider yourself in luck to get such an opportunity.
你该感到有这样的机会是一种幸运。

22. Ive long since given up trying to influence him.(ago)
我试图对他施加影响的念头早就放弃了。

23. Its very telling thing when you have children.(impressive)
当你有了孩子时,情况就十分突出了。

24. We hope that nature may be enjoyed for generations to come.
我们希望世代享受大自然。

25. I am good at dealing with the issues and in communicating to the teaching profession.
我善于处理问题,和教育界沟通。

26. There is not much of a secret to success.
成功没有什么秘诀。

27.He said nothing in reply to my question.
对于我的问题他什么也没有回答。

28. A fast train does the journey to London in three hours.
乘 快车去伦敦要三个小时。

29. Although devoted to big business and achievement, Dusseldorf does have its lighter side.
虽然杜塞尔多夫热衷于赚钱和获得巨大成功,但它也的确有较为休闲的一面。

30.The atmosphere is lively and down to earth.
空气非常爽快舒适。

31. Unexpectedly , both sides politely exchanged the telephone numbers and cards rather than quarrelling with each other.
出乎意料的是,肇事双方并没有互相职责,而是友好地交换了电话号码和名片。

32. If spring comes, can spring be far behind?
冬天来了,春天还会远吗?

33. Laziness in youth spells regret in old age.
少壮不努力,老大徒伤悲。

34. In no other way can the matter be explained.
没有其他的方法可以解释此事。

35. In the cyber world, time is compressed.
在数码世界,时间被压缩了。

36. The letter was sent to you in error.
这封信误寄给你了。

37. Things are usually cheaper if they are bought in bulk.
买散装的东西通常要便宜一些。

38. He asked to be excused from attending the meeting.
他要求不出席会议。

39. They quite readily fell in with our suggestion.
他们欣然同意了我们的建议。

40. We fell in with two college students there.
我们在那里偶然遇到了两个大学生。

41. She married late in life. 她结婚晚。

42. The book is often referred to. 这本书常被人们提到。

43. Man lives in hope. 人生活在希望中。

44. He was not yet begun his career in business.
他在生意场还没有开始他的事业。

45. Only in my home do I feel at ease.
只有在我家里我才觉得自在。

46. Rarely does he come in before 11 o’clock.
他难得11点钟回到家。

47. The rarity of an object increases its value.
物以稀为贵。

48. He who is proud of his wealth has rarely anything else to be proud of.
以财富自居的人很少有其他东西引以为豪的了。

49. He celebrated his goal against Team A.
他向A队踢进一球。

50. Recovering from failure is often easier than building from success.
更上一层楼要比从失败中恢复更加不容易。

51. Words are the pen of the heart, but music is the pen of the soul.
言语是发自内心的, 而音乐是发自灵魂。

52. We are indeed disappointed with the way this has all turned out.
事情变成这样,我们实感遗憾。

53.I love the challenge of doing things people say can’t be done.
我喜欢挑战人们说不能做的事情。

54. In a crisis,when everybody else gets very very excited, you have to become the calmest person in the room, so you can figure a way out of the situation.
在危机时刻,当大家特别激动的时候,你必须是房间里最镇静的人,这样你可以搞清楚形势。

55. Many, many times I thought about my last conversation with my father, when he was dying of cancer.
我父亲得癌症去世前,我好多次想起与父亲的最后一次谈话。

56. Ive always understood that courage is about the management of fear, not the absence of fear.
我一直认为勇气就是对恐惧的控制,而不是缺乏恐惧。

57. Courage is doing what you have to do even though you are afraid.
勇气和胆量就是你必须去做即使你认为做不到的事使之成为可能。

58. My mother taught me: Find something you enjoy doing, and you’ll be happy. Thats what I tell my children.
我母亲教导我:找自己喜欢做的事,你就会幸福。这就是我对孩子们说的。

59. When blood is needed, people volunteer on the spot.
需要血的时候,人们会志愿当场献血。

60. While games and contests illustrate the importance of drive and determination, they also teach our children how to lose. And with that comes other valuable lesson – about learning from mistakes, searching for ways to improve and finding the will to try again.
竞赛说明你的能力和决心的重要,同时他们还要教导孩子们如何面对失败。这会带给你有意义的一课--- 从错误中学东西,寻找某种方式以改进并找到再次尝试的意志。

61. Citizenship is the chance to make a difference to the place where you belong.
公民身份是你在异地所取得的居民资格。

62. UK mortgage interest rates are heading for (towards) 14.75%.
英国抵押利率已经走向14.75%。

63. Many a day did he waste over those useless schemes.
他为这些无用的计划费去了多日。

64. Its often (always) the way that the second try has more confidence.
常常是第二次尝试会多一些信心。 (often the way=happen frequently)

65. Only in my home do I feel at ease.
只有在我家里我才觉得自在。

66. The rarity of an object increases its value.
物以稀为贵。

67. To be frank, China has yet to nurture an environment friendly to talents.
坦率地说,中国必须对人才营造有利的环境。

68. Did you notice how Kate takes after her father in personality, but her mother in looks?
你注意到凯特在性格上很像她父亲,而在长像上和她母亲相似。

69. I still have the old stamp collection that my grandfather handed down to me.
我仍旧保留着祖父传给我的老邮票集。(hand down: give from one generation to the next)

70. The beds are three meters wide by two meters long, and can fit at least four at one time.
床的面积为宽三米,长两米,至少可以同时容纳四个人。

71. Walking like swimming, bicycling and running, is an aerobic exercise, which builds the capacity for energy output and physical endurance by increasing the supply of oxygen to skin and muscles.
和游泳、骑自行车、跑步一样,散步是一种有氧运动,通过增加向皮肤和肌肉输氧来增强能量输出和身体耐久能力。

72. Whatever your age, right now is the time to give your physical well being as much thought as you give to pensions or insurance.
不论你的年纪有多大,你都应该从现在起象关心你的养老金或保险金那样重视你的健康状况。

73. The more passions we have, the more happiness we’re likely to experience.
我们拥有的激情越多,可能体验的快乐也就越多。

74. My rent was paid for three months in advance.
我已经预付了三个月的房租。


75. We have become good friend in the years gone by.
随着时间的推移,我们成了好朋友。

76. Three generations living under one roof is not very common in the United States.
在美国,三代同堂还是不多见的。

77.For its the truth, and the sooner you realize it the better.
因为那是事实, 你越早承认它越好。

78. The test of a great book is whether we want to read it only once or more than once.
检验名著的标准在于我们是只愿读一遍,还是想多读几遍。

79.She didnt need to be asked twice.
她很爽快地接受了邀请。

80. I have many friends, of whom some are businessmen.
我有很多朋友,其中一些经商。

81. Early on February 17, they struck out for the summit from their last camp at 5900 meters.
他们从最后一个5900米高的营地出发于二月十七日晨向主峰冲击。

82. It goes against the grain for me to borrow money.
我不愿意向人借钱。

83. I am never at a loss for a word.
我总是滔滔不绝。(at a loss : not knowing what to say)

84. He hurried to the phone for the doctor.
他跑去打电话请医生。

85. He went to the hospital as not a investigator, but a client this time.
他这次不是去调查,而是去看病。

86. He is in his birthday suit.
他什么衣服也没有穿。(就跟刚生下来一样)

87. They were sweethearts for ten years before they got married.
他们结婚之前已经相爱十年。

88. As our country is populous, it is confronted with a more and more serious crisis of resources.
由于人口众多,我国面临着越来越多严重的资源危机。

89. The traffic in this city is arranged in apple-pie order.
这个城市的交通管理井井有条。

90. Viewing the parked airplanes through the window of the departure lounge, everything in the beam of lamplight looked orderly.
透过候机机厅的窗户可以看到外面停放的飞机。灯光下一切都显得井井有条。

91. He ran four miles and came back dead beat.
他跑了四英里路,回来时筋疲力尽。

92.No news is good news as far as I’m concerned.
我觉得没有消息就是最好的消息。


.1.  回复:[收藏] 精选英语表达式92例-你都知道吗?
alawn(2007/4/22 9:09:03)  IP:139.* * *
学到东西了^_^
 导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共1回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:[收藏] 精选英语表达式92例-你都知道吗?
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:
  

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找